A Persona helps you to better understand and visualize your target customers. It is a fictional, generalized character that describes the personality, interests, pains, goals and behavior of a typical customer. With a Persona it is easier to make deliberate decisions about developing and targeting your product or service.
Download the Persona template to fill in a Persona and see the example of Carol to get a better understanding of how to use the template. Personas can also be used as a personification of a company. We call this an Organisata. See the Organisata example of French medical company Retimed.
Creating a Persona
The Persona helps you to process the knowledge that you have or gathered about your customers.
To create a lively Persona, start with adding a picture of a person and give your Persona a name. From all the insights, you gained during the interactions with you target market, filter out the following aspects:
- Personal characteristics: give your Persona characteristics: i.e. name, age, gender, occupation, marital status, location, etc.
- Personality: what is the personality of your Persona? Is he introverted or extroverted? Does he make well considered decisions or does he use his intuition?
- Quote: what is his motto or describe in one sentence what your Persona makes to who he is and does?
- Goals: what does your Persona want to achieve or live for?
- Frustrations: what are reasons why your Persona is unhappy or what aspects is your Persona missing in his / her life?
- Bio: what are the important aspects that are typical for your Persona?
- Interests: what hobbies and passions does your Persona follow besides his / her job?
- Preferred channels: what are typical channels that your Persona uses for contact with organizations?
- Brands: what are typical brands that your Persona buys and is loyal to?
Creating an Organisata
Just like the Persona, the Organisata helps you to process the knowledge that you have about your customers or target market.
To create a lively Organisata, start with giving your Organisata a name. From all the insights, you gained during the interactions with you target market, filter out the following aspects:
- Company profile: give your Organisata realistic characteristics: i.e. name, sector, products & services, location, size, etc.
- Offering: with what products or services does the Organisata create value for its customers?
- Mission: what does your Organisata stands for?
- Goals: What does your Organisata want to achieve?
- Frustrations: what are reasons why your Organisata is unhappy or what are aspects she is missing in het practices or products?
- Target group: who are the customers of your Organisata?
- Channels: which channels does your Organisata use to come in contact with (potential) customers?
- New trends and developments: what are the trends and developments in the market in which your Organisata is active?
- Threats: what are the threats in the market in which your Organisata is active?